5. Monitor progress through accountability. Accountability is both the cause and the result of clear communication. To promote accountability, meetings can be of great help as they keep the line of communication open throughout the project to make sure everyone knows where they are, where they want to be and how they will get there.
6. Listen to Lead. Project Managers cannot carry out the project on their own, but with team effort. Their team can provide collective knowledge or perspectives to move the project forward. Listening is a great technique not only for the growth of the project but also for the communication between individuals involved in the project. Though input and feedback from the team, stakeholders and customers are worth listening, you need to be ready to filter out any valueless information.
7. Be open and flexible. It is required for project managers to be adaptable and flexible to adjust to the state of the project at any phase. You should bear in mind that you need to always be prepared to pivot and make strategic adaptations.
8. Appreciate incremental achievements. You can approach the project step by step by breaking down the project execution phases into smaller parts. It is vital to celebrate each phase with valuable milestones and quick wins to boost team morale and efforts.
9. There’s no “I” in team. Leadership is about growing other leaders. So, you should acknowledge and give credit to your team for being a part of the project success because it’s a team effort. Without your team, your project will hardly achieve the defined goals or objectives.
10. Champion a new reality. After all the effort put into the execution of the project, failure, sometimes, are inevitable. In that case, remember that it’s okay to fail. Fail fast, fail forward. You need to fail better the next time because it is ill-advised to make the same mistake twice. Keep moving forward is a great strategy because failure is a part of success ass you can pick some lessons learned for the next project.
IMT-PM provides Strategic and Business Management Bundle to help all kinds of PMI certificates earn 10.5 PDUs with $39. With this bundle, you have access to 3 courses:
- Project Finance for Practitioners (4.25 PDUs)
- Project Analysis for Practitioners (4 PDUs)
- Benefits Realization for Project Managers (2.25 PDUs).
Also, you have one year to complete all courses. As soon as you complete any single course, you can claim PDUs immediately. No extra charge. No test. No exam. Certificate available. We have everything you need in one package. Register now to receive a 74% discount.
If you wish to earn 60 PDUs for your certification renewal, we have everything you need in one package - 60 PDUs Bundle. Register now to receive a 40% discount.
IMT-PM - Global PMI R.E.P. #4760 offers various courses for PMP® Exam Preparation and PMP®/PgMP®/PfMP®/PMI-PBA®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP®/PMI-SP® Renewal.
Our best sellers are:
- 60 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
- 50 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/50-pdus-bundle-75
- 40 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/40-pdus-bundle-87
- PMP Exam Preparation 35 PDU: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-preparation-38
- PMP Exam Simulator: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-simulator-full-40