The information you include within the application allows PMI® to determine whether you have enough experience and education to be qualified for the PMP certification. Consider these guidelines and tips to help get ready to succeed with the application form.
1. Validate the role of project manager
Demonstrate that you performed the role of a project manager by:
- Leading and directing cross-functional teams to deliver a project within the constraints of schedule, budget, and scope.
- Applying a suitable approach to managing the project to fulfill requirements and deliverables.
- Performing these duties under the general supervision but were responsible for all aspects of the project.
Tips: Within the application, specifically elaborate what you did and were in charge of to demonstrate these actions (not what the project team did).
2. Describe your project experience
During the application process, you will be asked to individually detail each project you managed professionally. In your description, you should include:
- A brief summary of the project objective.
- Your responsibilities and project deliverables by process area (e.g. initiating, executing, etc.).
- A brief summary of the project outcome.
Tip: You can use abbreviation for the process groups (e.g. IN for initiating) to make more space for your description.
3. Confirm your project management education
At least 35 hours of formal project management education is required to be qualified for the PMP. This education must be:
- Consistent with topics included within the PMP Exam Content Outline.
- Demonstrated through successful completion of courses, workshops, and/or training sessions that contain some form of assessment or certificate of completion.
- Obtained in advance of submitting your application but could have been accrued at any point in the past.
Tip: Do not include forms of self-directed learning or attendance at meetings/presentation as contact hours – these will not be accepted.
IMT-PM - Global PMI R.E.P. #4760 offers various courses for PMP® Exam Preparation and PMP®/PgMP®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP® Renewal.
Our best sellers are:
- 60 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
- 50 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/50-pdus-bundle-75
- 39 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/39-pdus-bundle-76
- PMP Exam Preparation 35 PDU: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-preparation-38
- PMP Exam Simulator: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-simulator-full-40