Maybe you are looking for how to get your first project management job; however, every job description you see requires years of experience. So how can you gain related experience if you cannot get a job? This article will show you the first of the two ways to break into the project management industry: Working for a small company.
In general, there are 2 ways to start your career, no matter what kind of job it is, which are Working for a small company or Working for a large one. Both of them have pros and cons that depending on what abilities you have, they open different doors for your career.
1. THE INSIGHT
This is what experts usually say: Take a step down for a step up.
You can join a small company as a junior project manager, for whatever industry of that company is in or what kind of project that is. There are about 20-30 people within a small company, who can be in charge of different roles at the same time. They are those who attempt to make something fresh and exciting for the market. In other words, this could be an extremely dynamic working environment for those are newbies like you. Besides, they tend to have a business plan progressive that they can succeed regardless of how the economy is going.
2. THE BENEFITS
- Experience From Varied Areas: You have a chance to interact directly with staff, even the organization’s CEO and get exposure to the wide view of its operation. Furthermore, small-size company employees tend to gain multiple skills as working on different roles and areas of expertise for their resume enhancement.
- Flexibility Boosting: You may have to deal with flextime and job sharing which also support your time management skills and flexibility in various positions.
- A Good Stepping-stone to a larger company
- Make friends with your co-workers: You can build deeper bonds with your co-workers, which can be a huge motivation for you to get along with the job.
3. THE DRAWBACKS
- You have fewer opportunities for promotion if you’re not a very sociable person to seek and gain benefits from relationships.
- You learn from your mistakes first since you draw your way to develop. So it takes time for working and failing and learning at the same time.
But to be honest, the more challenging the path is, the greater success it will be in the end.
IMT-PM provides 60 PDU Bundle will help you earn 60 PDUs to renew your PMP®/PgMP®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP® certificate. The convenience of studying anywhere at any time, at your own pace is an advantage. As soon as you complete any single course, you can claim PDUs immediately. No extra charge. No test. No exam. Certificate available. We have everything you need in one package. Register now to receive a 70% discount.
Find out more at https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
IMT-PM - Global PMI R.E.P. #4760 offers various courses for PMP®/PgMP®/PfMP®/PMI-PBA®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP®/PMI-SP® Renewal.
Our best sellers are:
- 60 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
- 50 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/50-pdus-bundle-75
- 40 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/40-pdus-bundle-87
- 30 PDU to renew PMI-ACP®: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/30-pdus-to-renew-pmi-acp®-88
- 16.5 PDUs of Leadership and Strategic and Business Management Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/16-5-pdus-of-leadership-and-strategic-and-business-management-bundle-85