In sharp contrast to a commonly-held opinion that earning PMP® PDUs for your certification renewal is difficult and expensive, there are ways to get PDUs free of charge. This article introduces some methods to obtain your 60 PDUs in the 3-year cycle without costing a fortune.
1. Live/recorded webinars on the PMI® website. PMI® provides some online webinars through the website https://project-management.com to help project managers extend their professional development. For each webinar that you attend, 1 PDU can be reported in your PMP® profile. But you are required to be a member to log in.
2. Blogging. If you are into writing, you can create online content on your blog or website to build up your reputation and earn PDUs. Why not posting your insights about project management anywhere at any time and accumulating the required PDUs?
3. Organization meetings. Professional meetings with educational components can be a great opportunity to learn and to network. PMI® chapters hold these activities throughout the year. You can search for events near you at https://www.pmi.org/events. Your organization may conduct such local events as well. These meetings can be counted from 1-2 PDUs.
4. Reading. Self-directed reading relevant to your profession can help to earn PDUs. Books, articles, whitepapers, or blogs are countless sources to support your ongoing development that you can read to stay informed and earn PDUs at the same time.
5. Working as a practitioner. Working in your certified role not only helps you apply your knowledge and skills in a particular and practical setting but also contributes to your sustaining and growing the profession. You can report relevant projects or programs that you work on to earn PDUs.
6. Giving a presentation. By sharing your knowledge and presenting on topics that you are expert at, you can help others and yourself with ongoing professional development. These presentations can be internally within your organization or at an event held by another party.
7. Volunteering. You can join in volunteer services to support non-profit organizations and the profession in various roles. PMI® also provides volunteer opportunities that you can apply for at https://www.pmi.org/membership/volunteer/opportunities. Being a volunteer for other organizations works the same way.
As a PMP® certificate holder, you need to earn 60 PDUs for your PMP® renewal. Anyone in search of earning enough PDUs with just one course need look no further than our 60 PDU Bundle, 50 PDU Bundle and 39 PDU Bundle.
IMT-PM - Global PMI R.E.P. #4760 offers various courses for PMP® Exam Preparation and PMP®/PgMP®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP® Renewal.
Our best sellers are:
- 60 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
- 50 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/50-pdus-bundle-75
- 39 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/39-pdus-bundle-76
- PMP Exam Preparation 35 PDU: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-preparation-38
- PMP Exam Simulator: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-simulator-full-40