In the preparation process for every examination, each candidate has their own ways to set different plans at their own pace and comfort. This article will help you gain a view of ways to get ready for the PMP® Exam that may be suitable for you.
PMBOK® GUIDE (A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge)
This book has been considered a must-have one so far in the PMP® Exam Prep books list. Compared to other books, PMBOK® Guide is more academical with its detailed and in-depth coverage, useful tools and techniques relating to project management. PMI® publishes this book every 4-5 years; currently, the Sixth Edition is running, which is in parallel with the PMP® examination. In addition, PMBOK® Guide's benefit for PMI® members is to download for free but is encrypted for intellectual property protection.
Through a survey with 100 PMP®, more than 95% of the candidates have read at least once the entire PMBOK® Guide during exam preparation, which are also recommended by experts. However, only by passive reading, hardly can all candidates comprehend the knowledge imparted to face with PMP®’s tough questions.
PMP® EXAM PREP BOOKS
Besides PMBOK® Guide, there are some books that cover very practical knowledge and experience from well-known professional project managers. These 2 books are more suitable for those don’t get used to reading PMI®’s standard project management books.
- PMP® Rita Mulcahy Book 9th Edition (published on Feb 1, 2018) is considered the most comprehensive of the three "recipes". Rita’s PMP® Book will give applicants a lot more information for the PMP® exam. On the other hand, the author's writing is quite difficult to read. Candidates should try out with a few pages online before making a decision on whether to study this book or not.
- Head First PMP® Book (published on Sep 9, 2018) gears toward visual learners who are keen on remembering information presented in the form of graphics. It conveys the latest findings and researches for the exam through illustrations, charts, and even games. This is truly an interesting way to prepare for a test while reading a book while taking the PMP® Mock Test.
In conclusion, depending on the understanding of the ability to absorb each candidate, they can choose their own effective way to gain PMP® certification.
IMT-PM provides 60 PDU Bundle will help you earn 60 PDUs to renew your PMP®/PgMP®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP® certificate. The convenience of studying anywhere at any time, at your own pace is an advantage. As soon as you complete any single course, you can claim PDUs immediately. No extra charge. No test. No exam. Certificate available. We have everything you need in one package. Register now to receive a 70% discount.
Find out more at https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
IMT-PM - Global PMI R.E.P. #4760 offers various courses for PMP® Exam Preparation and PMP®/PgMP®/PfMP®/PMI-PBA®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP®/PMI-SP® Renewal.
Our best sellers are:
- 60 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
- 50 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/50-pdus-bundle-75
- 40 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/40-pdus-bundle-87
- 30 PDU to renew PMI-ACP®: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/30-pdus-to-renew-pmi-acp®-88
- PMP® Exam Preparation 35 PDU: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-preparation-38