One of the most significant components for a project’s success is having all team members engaged, buying-in, and working proactively. In this article, we put together ways to increase buy-in from your team for the best standing of your project.
There are many types of organizations you must experience during your career, which means the working environment changes all the time, so do your team members. Thus, you - the project manager should set general rules to keep the team on track.
- People buy-in to a cause: They want to know that they’re contributing to something in service of customers or a purpose for a greater good.
- People buy-in want to contribute to that cause: They get their fulfillment through knowing that their contribution brings benefits to themselves and their family.
1. Setting the vision
“A picture is worth a thousand words.”
Often, we’re trying to do more with fewer people, get things done quicker, cut the chase, and the whole team loses the essence of why they’re doing what’s already done. This may raise confusion among team members, many times, their passion for the project will be gone.
The main point of setting the vision is to show the value to all the members, instead of telling them. It’s easier said than done. Everyone tends to act on a vision due to their belief in its change. Only when you make the outlook of the results of the change realistic is your team eager to support your vision.
Depending on the vision, you can consider some practical ways to share a case study of another company with similar results before, creating a visual that designs a slide, data, charts, or videos. Furthermore, a vivid story to inspire can also lead people to visualize the state you aspire.
IMT-PM provides 60 PDU Bundle will help you earn 60 PDUs to renew your PMP®/PgMP®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP® certificate. The convenience of studying anywhere at any time, at your own pace is an advantage. As soon as you complete any single course, you can claim PDUs immediately. No extra charge. No test. No exam. Certificate available. We have everything you need in one package. Register now to receive a 70% discount.
Find out more at https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
IMT-PM - Global PMI R.E.P. #4760 offers various courses for PMP® Exam Preparation and PMP®/PgMP®/PfMP®/PMI-PBA®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP®/PMI-SP® Renewal.
Our best sellers are:
- 60 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
- 50 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/50-pdus-bundle-75
- 40 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/40-pdus-bundle-87
- 30 PDU to renew PMI-ACP®: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/30-pdus-to-renew-pmi-acp®-88
- PMP® Exam Preparation 35 PDU: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-preparation-38