Project managers are found in every industry worldwide with the role of leading and directing projects and teams. Becoming a certified Project Management Professional (PMP)® through the Project Management Institute (PMI)® can help you step up your game in the field of project management. Earning a certification allows you to shoulder more responsibilities at higher levels within your company, and often leads to a salary boost, as well. To become a certified project management professional, there are some requirements that you need to meet before applying to be a PMP®.
1. If you don’t have a bachelor’s degree, work in professional project management for 5 years.
Prior to applying for PMP®, you must complete the educational and professional experience requirements. If you don’t have a 4-year degree, you must have worked in professional project management for at least 5 years (60 months). During that period, you must have spent a minimum of 7,500 hours leading and directing projects. Though these hours of experience are self-reported on the PMP® application, you may be subject to a randomly-assigned audit after submission. In this case, you will have to provide signatures from your managers or supervisor for each project that is included in the experience section of your application.
2. If you have a bachelor’s degree, get 3 years of experience in professional project management.
If you have a 4-year degree - either a bachelor’s degree or a global equivalent, you must have worked in professional project management for a minimum period of 3 years (36 months) before applying to become a PMP®. During that time, you must have spent at least 4,500 hours leading and directing projects. Any bachelor’s degree is accepted for the education requirement. It is not necessarily business or project management-related.
3. Accomplish a 35-hour project management training.
Irrespective of education level, every candidate must pass a project management course offered by a Project Management Institute (PMI)®-recognized provider. Valid PMP® prep courses are offered worldwide. Check the PMI website at https://www.pmi.org/ to locate the most convenient registered education provider for you.
IMT-PM - Global PMI R.E.P. #4760 offers various courses for PMP® Exam Preparation and PMP®/PgMP®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP® Renewal.
Our best sellers are:
- 60 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
- 50 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/50-pdus-bundle-75
- 39 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/39-pdus-bundle-76
- PMP Exam Preparation 35 PDU: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-preparation-38
- PMP Exam Simulator: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-simulator-full-40