After your registration on the PMI website, you now can look for the application for the PMP® Certification in the myPMI section. Not only do you fill the personal particulars but you also give details about your Project Management Experience which takes a lot of time and effort. This article will walk you through all the key points to fill in the application.
WHEN TO FILL THE PMP® APPLICATION?
While some aspirants leave the form back until they are thoroughly prepared with a detailed list of experience, it is preferable to submit the application early in your process. The benefits of this action are listed below:
- After your application submission, you are required to sit the PMP® exam within one year. This helps you stay on track with a tangible target to work with during your preparation. Otherwise, you may postpone the PMP® Certification due to their hectic schedule and interrupted focus.
- Once you open the application, the information is stored within 90 days. Therefore, you have that limited amount of time to work on your application and stay focused.
- The application form requires more time and effort than you think. As all the details of your experience must be recorded separately, you have to calculate the time spent on each project management process group. Moreover, you must seek for approval from the supervisors on your role in each documented project for an audit.
- It’s about time you began reviewing the reference titles once you have made up your mind to get the PMP® Certification. Don’t wait until the new version exam content is released and you have to study all over again.
GENERAL ADVICE ON COMPLETING THE ONLINE PMP® APPLICATION
- Honesty is the best policy. The first thumb rule is to be honest. This is clearly stated in the PMP® conducts requirements. If PMI® finds out you have provided wrong information on purpose, they will permanently ban you from applying for all kinds of their certifications.
- Double-check all the documented information. As you are allowed to print the application, check it once by yourself and then, ask other people to proofread the application for you.
- Fully understand the expected information by reading the PMBOK® Guide or even attend PMP® exam prep courses before completing the application.
- Read the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct as you are required to agree to the Code, and it may also be asked in the exam under the form of situational questions.
IMT-PM - Global PMI R.E.P. #4760 offers various courses for PMP® Exam Preparation and PMP®/PgMP®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP® Renewal.
Our best sellers are:
- 60 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
- 50 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/50-pdus-bundle-75
- 39 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/39-pdus-bundle-76
- PMP Exam Preparation 35 PDU: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-preparation-38
- PMP Exam Simulator: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-simulator-full-40