1. Fulfill eligibility criteria
You are required to meet certain domain experience levels, and educational levels before you apply for all PMI® certifications. You will need to provide the details of this experience and education, so prepare it before you open the application because once you’ve opened the application, it cannot be cancelled.
2. Complete Application
Once you’ve assessed yourself to be eligible for the certification, gather the following information and use the online certification system to walk you through the process.
- Contact information: email, address, phone number
- Education attained: school attended, level of education attained, degree date
- Domain experience: details of the projects, programs you’ve worked on with qualifying hours, dates of employment, role, organization details, reference, and a summary of experience
- Domain education: names of courses taken, institutions attended, dates, qualifying hours
The moment you open the application, it is active for 90 days. After that, it will close.
Tip: To save time on the application, collect all the needed information before opening it.
3. Application Review
After you’ve submitted the application, you’ll be verified whether you meet the criteria and that your experience and education is relevant to the guidelines provided in the certification handbook.
Normally, it takes about 5-10 days to review your application. Once it’s complete, you’ll be emailed to move on to the following step.
A number of candidates are randomly assigned for audit to confirm the experience and education demonstrated in the applications. You’ll need to provide proof of your work experience or education. In this case, you will have to provide signatures from your managers or supervisor for each project that is included in the experience section of your application. This is to enhance the credibility of the program and of the certification holder.
After the notification of the application approval, you can pay for the certification to move to the last stage. Even though it is not a compulsory requirement to become a PMI® member, it is highly recommended. By registering online to be a member of PMI®, you save money on exam fees - $405 for members and $555 for non-members, as of March 2019. The most convenient way to pay is through the online system.
Once the payment is received, you’ll receive an eligibility number via email so that you can schedule your test appointment. This eligibility is active for 1 years, and you may take 3 attempts a year for the certification exam.
5. Schedule test appointment
When you’re eligible, you’ll be emailed scheduling instructions with your eligibility code. There are two options to schedule your test day: online or via phone. Then, you can start to plan your study and all that’s left is to take the test.
IMT-PM - Global PMI R.E.P. #4760 offers various courses for PMP® Exam Preparation and PMP®/PgMP®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP® Renewal.
Our best sellers are:
- 60 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
- 50 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/50-pdus-bundle-75
- 39 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/39-pdus-bundle-76
- PMP Exam Preparation 35 PDU: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-preparation-38
- PMP Exam Simulator: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-simulator-full-40