Quality concept plays a crucial role in quality management in almost every project. They should be well understood and carefully checked before an activity or work package is completed, and the one who is in charge of checking and ensuring that all the quality standards are adequate is the project manager himself/herself. This article will consider the concept of “quality” and provide readers with a clearer insight into all quality concepts. Further information, however, could be found in our courses.
1. Precision vs. Accuracy
• Accuracy refers to how far you are from the true value;
• Precision regards to how close you get to the equal value in case you repeated the exercise numerous times.
An easy way to remember the difference between accuracy and precision is to memorize the two-sentence:
ACcurate is Correct (or Close to real value)
PRecise is Repeating (or Repeatable)
A key point to remember is that these two concepts are important in terms of measurement. In business management, when the assumed results are both accurate and precise, this would mean that the team is very close to the correct value.
2. Quality vs. Grade
• Grade relates to Features of the product.
• Quality relates to the Requirements of the product.
It might not be an obstacle if a suitable low-grade product (one with a limited number of features) is of high quality (no obvious defects). In this case, the product would be considered appropriate for its general purpose of use.
It may be a problem if a high-grade product such as one with numerous features is of low quality (many defects). In reality, a high-grade feature set would prove worthless and/or unproductive due to low quality. These two concepts are well discussed in our online PDU courses, they are also a significant part of earning PUDs.
3. Preventions vs. Inspection
• Prevention: Keeping errors out of the process. By creating checklists, training people in testing methods, creating an effective test plan, preventive acts then are constructed by project manager.
• Inspection: is about examining deliverables with intent to find any defects or deviations from documented requirements, so that customer gets the deliverables that implement given requirements, hence keeping errors out of the hands of the customer.
(to be continued)
IMT-PM provides 50 PDU Bundle will help you earn 50 PDUs to renew your PMP®/PgMP®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP® certificate. The convenience of studying anywhere at any time, at your own pace is an advantage. As soon as you complete any single course, you can claim PDUs immediately. No extra charge. No test. No exam. Certificate available. We have everything you need in one package. Register now to receive a 75% discount.
IMT-PM - Global PMI R.E.P. #4760 offers various courses for PMP® Exam Preparation and PMP®/PgMP®/PfMP®/PMI-PBA®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP®/PMI-SP® Renewal.
Our best sellers are:
- 60 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
- 50 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/50-pdus-bundle-75
- 40 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/40-pdus-bundle-87
- PMP Exam Preparation 35 PDU: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-preparation-38
- PMP Exam Simulator: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-simulator-full-40