Preparing for an exam always requires tremendous effort and time. The PMP® exam is even tougher than other exams. That’s why it is critical to absorb and master all knowledge areas before sitting the exam. This article discusses some tips that are essential for you to conquer the PMP® exam.
1. Begin with the end in mind. Before getting into any preparation material, you should find out what you want to learn. If the material offers study goals or recap questions, you should have a glance at them first to know where you are heading for and what you need to accomplish in the end.
2. Make a list of recap questions. As mentioned earlier, you should start with the recap questions before getting to know more about any knowledge area. You can collect some popular questions that might appear in the exam and combine them into a list to help you can actively absorb the knowledge. You can also use this list as a tool for revision.
3. Break down study sessions into smaller chunks. We tend to remember the first and last elements of a study session. That’s why we should break the study sessions into smaller chunks with breaks in between to help you recall the lesson better. You can make use of this method by a mini-review of the previous sessions after every break.
4. Conquer the PMBOK® Guide. Be such a brain cracker as it might, the PMBOK® Guide is a must-have for any PMP® aspirant. You can make a plan of one knowledge area a week to thoroughly cover all aspects of each knowledge area. You can work on one process a day to memorize things more clearly.
5. Use a good PMP® prep book. The PMP® is loaded with a lot of difficult questions and answers that may take a great deal of your time to cover carefully. So, it is advisable to have a good prep book with you. Top authors in this field are Rita Mulcahy and Andy Crowe. You can look for their publications to ease the learning process.
IMT-PM provides PMP® Exam Preparation with full-length mock tests to help you prepare for your PMP® exam with the most affordable price. No extra charge. Certificate available. We have everything you need in one package. Register now to receive a 30% discount. All PMP® aspirants earn 35 PDUs/pre-approved Contact Hours for the educational requirement of PMP Exam Application.
IMT-PM - Global PMI R.E.P. #4760 offers various courses for PMP® Exam Preparation and PMP®/PgMP®/PfMP®/PMI-PBA®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP®/PMI-SP® Renewal.
Our best sellers are:
- 60 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
- 50 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/50-pdus-bundle-75
- 40 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/40-pdus-bundle-87
- PMP Exam Preparation 35 PDU: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-preparation-38
- PMP Exam Simulator: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-simulator-full-40