4. Laissez-faire or Free-rein Leadership style. The project manager does not instruct the team on how to manage a task. Instead, they only assign the tasks and the allotted time to individuals. On one hand, the team has complete freedom creativity and innovation. On the other hand, this may lead to a lack of guidance from the project manager to ensure that the task is correctly performed towards the project objectives.
5. Coaching. Project managers with this leadership style often allow team members to have a look back on their strengths and weaknesses to fill the gap in their work. In this style, project leaders give full support for the team and mistakes are considered as learning opportunities in the developmental process. However, there is a risk underlying the unbalanced weigh between focuses on tasks and people.
6. Pace-setting. Project managers set high standards for the team to follow. This is a choice for high performance as it mainly focuses on tasks or project objectives. However, it is not a good idea as it may cause severe stress and extreme fatigue among team members.
7. Transformational. This style proves to be most effective when there is a major change in the organization’s structure. This style suits the project manager with competent experience and leading skills as it can turn out to be a burden on the project manager’s shoulder if the issue is not tackled skillfully.
There is no right answer for the best leadership style. It is recommended for the project manager to adopt the necessary style based on the current condition of the project.
IMT-PM provides Leadership Bundle to help all kinds of PMI certificates earn 11.5 PDUs. When you register this Leadership Bundle, you have access to 2 courses - Emotional Intelligence for Project Managers (8.25 PDUs) and Project Leadership for Practitioners (3.25 PDUs). Also, you have one year to complete all courses. As soon as you complete any single course, you can claim PDUs immediately. No extra charge. No test. No exam. Certificate available. We have everything you need in one package. Register now to receive a 61% discount. Also, you have one year to complete all courses. As soon as you complete any single course, you can claim PDUs immediately. No extra charge. No test. No exam.
If you wish to earn 60 PDUs for your certification renewal, we have everything you need in one package - 60 PDUs Bundle. Register now to receive a 40% discount.
IMT-PM - Global PMI R.E.P. #4760 offers various courses for PMP® Exam Preparation and PMP®/PgMP®/PfMP®/PMI-PBA®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP®/PMI-SP® Renewal.
Our best sellers are:
- 60 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
- 50 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/50-pdus-bundle-75
- 40 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/40-pdus-bundle-87
- PMP Exam Preparation 35 PDU: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-preparation-38
- PMP Exam Simulator: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-simulator-full-40