Candidates must fulfill several requirements to obtain PMP® certification and take the exam. The education requirements include these following options: either a secondary or primary degree or a diploma with the adequate training and relevant work experience. To be specific, with a secondary degree including a high school diploma or associates degree, you need 5 years of work experience in professional project management with 7,500 hours of leading professional projects.
In addition, with a primary degree such as a bachelor’s degree or higher, you are required to have 3 years of work experience with a minimum of 4,500 hours of directing projects. In either case, with a Secondary or a Primary Degree, you must complete 35 hours of certified or accredited project management education by passing a project management course offered by a Project Management Institute (PMI®)-recognized provider.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Considering applying for the PMP® certification if you are an experienced manager who meet the following requirements:
- Fulfil their responsibilities under general supervision and are in charge of all aspects of the project during the project life cycle
- Lead and direct cross-functional teams to conduct projects under schedule, budget and time constraint
- Apply appropriate methodology to projects with well-defined project requirements and deliverables
The PMP® application will require you to validate your work experience. You have four hours to complete the certification exam with 200 multiple-choice questions. To maintain your PMP®, you must gain 60 professional development units (PDUs) every three years.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO PREPARE FOR THE PMP® EXAM?
For all PMP® aspirants, you need to:
• Understand deeply A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition.
• Identify gaps in your knowledge that may hurt you on the PMP® exam.
• Practice 5 full-length mock tests simulating the lasted PMP® exams.
• Be more comfortable with the types of questions you will see on the PMP® exam.
• Earn all required 35 Contact Hours/PDU
If you have difficulty in achieving these aspects, an online prep course may come in handy.
IMT-PM provides PMP® Exam Preparation with full-length mock tests to help you prepare for your PMP® exam with the most affordable price. No extra charge. Certificate available. We have everything you need in one package. Register now to receive a 30% discount. All PMP® aspirants earn 35 PDUs/pre-approved Contact Hours for the educational requirement of PMP Exam Application.
IMT-PM - Global PMI R.E.P. #4760 offers various courses for PMP® Exam Preparation and PMP®/PgMP®/PfMP®/PMI-PBA®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP®/PMI-SP® Renewal.
Our best sellers are:
- 60 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
- 50 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/50-pdus-bundle-75
- 40 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/40-pdus-bundle-87
- PMP Exam Preparation 35 PDU: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-preparation-38
- PMP Exam Simulator: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-simulator-full-40