Though it is widely known that within the cycle of 3 years you are required to accumulate 60 PDUs for the PMP® certification renewal, project managers may happen to forget to earn PDUs as life gets in the way. This article walks you through the road of what happens when you forget to renew PMP® certification and how to deal with the situation.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I FORGET TO RENEW MY PMP® CERTIFICATE?
As in page 33 of the PMP® Credential handbook, “if you do not satisfy the CCR program within your active certification dates, you will be placed on suspended status. The suspension period lasts one year (12 months). If you are in suspended status, you may not refer to yourself as a credential holder or use the credential designation until you earn the necessary PDUs or complete the renewal process, within the one-year suspension period.”
In other words, if you do not earn 60 PDUs in your recertification cycle, your PMP® status will become “suspended”. You are still allowed to earn and report PDUs but you cannot be referred to as a PMP®. You can only go back to the “active” status once you have earned enough PDUs and finished the renewal process. If you fail to earn the missing PDUs within a year, you will lose the PMP® status and are forced to retake the exam.
HOW TO EARN PDUS QUICKLY WITHIN A YEAR OR LESS?
As you are in a rush for the renewal, there are some ways to fix the situation.
1. Claim at least 6 months of work experience every year. You can earn up to 5 PDUs for each year under work experience. For per cycle, this can add up to 15 PDUs.
2. Read books, watch online webinars or listening to podcasts. These ways can save you time and money on earning PDUs and come under the self-study hours. Note down time for each hour spent and what you have learned in the process. A well-known material is preferrable.
3. Go to https://online.imt-pm.com/ and register in a 30, 40, 50 or 60 PDUs Bundle based on your demands. This is the most efficient way to earn PDUs quickly as it saves you from the nuisance of bothering about earning PDUs within a few months.
IMT-PM provides 60 PDU Bundle will help you earn 60 PDUs to renew your PMP®/PgMP®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP® certificate. The convenience of studying anywhere at any time, at your own pace is an advantage. As soon as you complete any single course, you can claim PDUs immediately. No extra charge. No test. No exam. Certificate available. We have everything you need in one package. Register now to receive a 70% discount.
Find out more at: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
IMT-PM - Global PMI R.E.P. #4760 offers various courses for PMP® Exam Preparation and PMP®/PgMP®/PfMP®/PMI-PBA®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP®/PMI-SP® Renewal.
Our best sellers are:
- 60 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
- 50 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/50-pdus-bundle-75
- 40 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/40-pdus-bundle-87
- PMP Exam Preparation 35 PDU: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-preparation-38
- PMP Exam Simulator: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-simulator-full-40