A project manager is the one who bridges the gap not only between customers and the project but also the team and him/herself. In other words, the project managers are required to be knowledgeable enough to comprehend all the project's details, which leads to the high necessity of Technical Management skills. It's time they became Technical Project Managers.
THE ROLE OF A TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER
While traditional project managers play the roles in leading, controlling work's productivity, put business strategies into action and creating a common voice among members, those of technical ones include all of them and knowledge in information technology, mathematical and scientific areas.
They are in charge of planning, scheduling, managing high-tech projects, which is reasonable in this technology-driven world.
Here are some requirements in need of technical project managers to distinguish themselves from traditional ones:
• Knowledge of IT infrastructure and architecture
• Knowledge of operation of work scheduling software
• Agile Software
• Scrum Management
• Strategic Planning
• The ability of approximate estimation the sum requirements of a project
• Budget Planning
• Flexibility for supporting budget calculations and project-related adjustments
• Time Management
• Quality Assurance and Quality Control
• Mental preparation for the shift of particular scenarios
• Task Delegation: clear-sighted distribution in tasks by having a good understanding of members' competencies.
• Problem-Solving: acumen in recognizing problems in the project's process; the ability to turn problems into improvements
• Intelligible impartment for the team to access targets
• Consideration in giving concise reports to partners, stakeholders who don't have a technical background
• Critical Thinking
With the professional and in-depth knowledge of the project, technical project managers tend to gain more credit from the team's members as well as customers. The aforementioned expertise is indispensable to successful technical project managers. Therefore, it's obvious to say while technical project managers are project managers, the reverse isn't always true.
IMT-PM provides 60 PDU Bundle will help you earn 60 PDUs to renew your PMP®/PgMP®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP® certificate. The convenience of studying anywhere at any time, at your own pace is an advantage. As soon as you complete any single course, you can claim PDUs immediately. No extra charge. No test. No exam. Certificate available. We have everything you need in one package. Register now to receive a 70% discount.
Find out more at https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
IMT-PM - Global PMI R.E.P. #4760 offers various courses for PMP® Exam Preparation and PMP®/PgMP®/PfMP®/PMI-PBA®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP®/PMI-SP® Renewal.
Our best sellers are:
- 60 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
- 50 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/50-pdus-bundle-75
- 40 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/40-pdus-bundle-87
- 30 PDU to renew PMI-ACP®: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/30-pdus-to-renew-pmi-acp®-88
- PMP® Exam Preparation 35 PDU: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/pmp®-exam-preparation-38