A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) is PMI's flagship publication. It's a must-have resource for everyone interested in inefficient project management in any sector. Corporate has evolved significantly over the years, yet projects continue to be critical drivers of business success. The Standard for Project Management is included in the book. The standard acts as the basis for the huge body of information, while the guide captures and summarizes that knowledge.
In 2021, PMI® published The PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition with more knowledge in the field of project management. This article will tell readers the basic contents and main changes of The PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition.
1. Why did PMI® change the PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition?
The technological revolution has changed the way many professions work, including project management. From feedback from project management experts in various fields around the world, PMI® realized that an improvement in content and structure was needed to reflect the current working method. Learners need to identify the right approach to get the job done and create value. PMI® also realized that it was time to update the PMBOK® Guide to stay relevant and meet customer needs.
However, PMBOK® Guide – 7th Edition does not impact the PMP® Exam Prep Training Materials. It is important to note that the PMP® exam is based on the Exam Content Outline, not on the PMBOK® Guide.
2. What's new in The PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition?
Emerging technologies, new techniques, and quick market developments have altered the world of work in recent years, forcing the profession to evolve. A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Seventh Edition has been upgraded to address these issues, better fit with how people work today, and assist you in being more proactive, inventive, and nimble.
This Edition of the PMBOK® Guide:
- Reflects the full range of development approaches (predictive, traditional, adaptive, agile, hybrid, etc.)
- Provides an entire section devoted to tailoring the development approach and processes
- Expands the list of tools and techniques in a new section, "Models, Methods, and Artifacts."
- Focuses on project outcomes in addition to deliverables
- Integrates with PMIstandards+™ for access to content that helps the user apply the PMBOK® Guide on the job
Including both The Standard for Project Management and the PMBOK® Guide, this modern Edition presents 12 principles of project management and 8 project performance domains critical for the effective delivery of project outcomes.
The PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition reflects the evolving profession and enables you to get the job done and deliver value.
The change from the PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition to 7th Edition
3. When will the publication The PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition be published in other languages (other than English)?
The PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition will release the English version first. It will then be translated in late summer/early fall 2021, with PDF and eBook versions in August, then hard copies around October.
PMI® will translate The PMBOK® Guide – Seventh Edition into versions: Arabic, Chinese (simplified), English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
IMT-PM provides 60 PDU Bundle will help you earn 60 PDUs to renew your PMP®/PgMP®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP® certificate. The convenience of studying anywhere at any time, at your own pace is an advantage. As soon as you complete any single course, you can claim PDUs immediately. No extra charge. No test. No exam. Certificate available. We have everything you need in one package. Register now to receive a 70% discount.
IMT-PM - PMI Authorized Training Partner (Premier tier) offers various courses for PMP®/PgMP®/PfMP®/PMI-PBA®/PMI-ACP®/PMI-RMP®/PMI-SP® Renewal.
Our best sellers are:
- 60 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/60-pdus-bundle-70
- 50 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/50-pdus-bundle-75
- 40 PDU Bundle: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/40-pdus-bundle-87
- 30 PDU to renew PMI-ACP®: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/30-pdus-to-renew-pmi-acp®-88
- 15 PDUs to Renew CAPM®: https://online.imt-pm.com/course/15-pdus-to-renew-capm®-108